Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup

This isn't as much a "recipe" as just a general idea. It's pretty basic, but Tierney asked if I was going to add it to my blog, so I guess I will. We had it last night and it was so good on a cold fall day.

2 chicken breasts, diced (raw)
6 carrots, sliced
3 celery stalks, diced
1/2 c. onion, diced
water (enough to cover everything and provide as much broth as you want)
chicken bouillon (however much you need for the amount of water you add)
salt & pepper
1 lb. pasta (this made a LOT so you could definitely cut this part down if you don't want leftovers)

Put all ingredients except pasta in a large pot. Cover and boil/simmer until carrots are tender (the chicken will be cooked by then). Cook pasta in a separate pot (you could just add it to the rest and cook, but I don't like to do that. It seems to soak up too much of the broth). Stir cooked pasta into the soup.

Note: you could also use canned chicken broth in place of the water and bouillon

4 comments:

  1. Yummmy. I just need to move in with you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish. I need to learn how to make noodles cuz I think homemade noodles in soup would rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I made the noodles in a separate pot the other day and then added them to the chicken noodle soup..GENIUS!

    I've made my own noodles a few times but they end up being more like dumplings..too thick. Well yummy but not what I wanted. Any ideas? (I don't have a pasta attachment for my kitchenaid..so it has to be done by hand)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I've never actually made homemade noodles before! I was just telling someone tonight that I need to try that. I would have to do it by hand as well. I'll let you know how it goes when I get around to trying it.

    ReplyDelete