Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tomato Corn Chowder

1/2 onion, chopped
4 -6 smoked sausage or polish sausage, diced
6 cups corn (fresh or frozen--you could use canned, but it wouldn't be as good)
3 cans diced tomatoes
8 medium potatoes, diced
water or broth (enough to cover potatoes at least)
bouillon granules or cubes (if using water instead of broth. Chicken or beef is fine)
creole seasoning, to taste (I use about 1 1/2 Tbsp.)

Combine all ingredients EXCEPT CORN in a large pot. Cook until potatoes are tender. Add corn once potatoes are almost done (I don't like the corn to get too overcooked).

Note: I don't really stick to these exact amounts, just whatever looks good. Also, I'm sure it would taste good without the bouillon/broth. The sausage and creole would be plenty of seasoning.

I'm trying to find my creole recipe to post. You can buy it at the store or make it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment